How To Program A Ford Key
Losing a car key is always a difficult and dispiriting situation. This is especially true in the case of Ford car keys. If you have ever been in the situation of losing your Ford car key, then you should know that purchasing an additional car key can cost a large amount of money. If your Ford key is malfunctioning, then you may be thinking about shelling out the huge amount of cash that it will require to get it replaced by Ford itself. Fortunately, there are other options at hand that represent less cost and hassle. Locksmith Keyless provides car key programming for Fords and more. Read on to learn more about programming a Ford key and if you need a key programming tool. Call Locksmith Keyless in Miami for your key programming needs today!
Replacing Or Reprogramming Your Key
For many people who need a new key, they don’t even think about going anywhere except for the dealership or company where they purchased the car from in order to get a replacement. However, this can be a move that costs you a ton of money, since there are other options that are just as viable and more cost-effective. So where else can you get a key, you may be wondering? There are actually a few different places where you can go to in order to get a replacement key for your Ford if you have to. You can go to a locksmith like Locksmith Keyless in order to make a brand new key, as long as you show the correct credentials and papers to them. At a locksmith, they can even assist in reprogramming your key. You can also choose to purchase a new replacement key from a third party, which is typically way less expensive than the one you would have to buy from your own dealership. After you purchase your replacement key, you will need to reprogram it.
Do You Need A Key Programming Tool?
Car key programming is fairly simple, and you should be able to reprogram your replacement key on your own through the following steps:
- Open the door and put the vehicle key in the ignition
- Turn the key clockwise from the “off” position to the “on” position. You will have to do this 8 times consecutively, ending with the key in the “on” position within 10 seconds of first turning it on. If this is successful, the vehicle will go into programming mode signaled by your locks going through a lock/unlock cycle
- If your vehicle is in programming mode, you then have to press any button on your key fob. You have to do this within 20 seconds of entering programming mode, or your vehicle will exit programming mode and you have to start all over again.
- If you have any other key fobs that work for this vehicle, they need to be reprogrammed to work
- Turn the key back to the “off” position and test every key fob that you reprogrammed to see if they are working properly. If you run into any problems throughout this process, you should be able to find the answers and assistance you require in the owner’s manual of your vehicle.
Contact Us Today
You may not need a key programming tool in order to program the key of your Ford. For car key programming and more, call Locksmith Keyless in Miami today!