The Different Keys Locksmiths Can Make or Duplicate?
Do you need a brand new key made or duplicated? Did you know there are many keys out there that exist? Here at Locksmith Keyless, our locksmith supplier wants to make sure you are aware of the many types of keys. We specialize in locksmith tools and are located in Miami.
The Different Types of Keys
- Deadbolt Keys
- For home security purposes, locksmiths are constantly asked to make copies (and sometimes even original) deadbolt keys to keep unwanted guests out. For the three types of deadbolts: single cylinder, lockable thumb turn, and double cylinder, professionals are able to procure a cut with ease typically.
- Padlock Keys
- Key-based padlocks are an area locksmiths are experienced in, however, it should be noted that some padlocks are designed where they can never have their key copied. If you are unsure of whether or not your padlock key can be copied, ask your professional which type of lock you are using.
- Knoblock Keys
- This key type is commonly requested as an alternative to deadbolt keys. The cuts for these types of keys are usually a bit more basic because these locks are slowly becoming a thing of the past. For a long time, this was more or less where your simple house key would go, but even though they are a bit of a dinosaur in this field, copying them is still necessary. Knoblock keys and most padlock keys can be made in a short period of time.
- Car Keys
- Getting keys duplicated for your car is an obvious problem that needs rectifying on a daily basis across the world. Car keys are a bit more complicated, particularly because they grant access to a highly expensive item. Because of this, keys for vehicles has its own subset of ways to make them. Make, model, and year affect the types of keys a professional can create for you.
- Mechanically Cut Car Keys
- Every car key has a unique series of ridges and grooves that successfully operate an automobile. A mechanically made car key is one that has cuts on one side. The importance of this is that it can only turn in the ignition one way. If flipped upside down, the key will no longer function accurately.
- Laser Cut Car Keys
- Conversely, laser cut car keys can ‘face up’ either way in the ignition. These types of keys are popular because they are infinitely harder for criminals to replicate because the grooves are on both sides of the metal. This essentially causes more ‘chances’ for the copy made to be inaccurate, keeping them out of your vehicle.
You Can Count On Our Locksmith Supplier!
Locksmith Keyless carries top-notch air pump wedges for easy car opening. If you already carry professional auto-opening arms and other tools but want to add a pump wedge to your toolkit, we have exactly what you need at a reasonable price. There is no need to shop around. Let us help you with all of your automobile lock and key needs. We not only can help you get into your locked car but also help you replace a lost key.
Call Our Team For Locksmith Tools
Become aware of all the different types of keys that exist. Let our locksmith supplier get you the perfect copy! Locksmith Keyless has a simple mission: we help locksmith businesses stay competitive! We have most of the products that the "big guys" have, and we offer every single one of them at an everyday low price. There are no complex discount structures to understand. Every customer pays the same, low price for an item, whether you want to buy one or one thousand! Like you, we believe that the key to success is to always put our customers first. We stand 100% behind every product we sell! Your feedback is appreciated. We want to make sure you are taken care of. We are always trying to improve, and speaking with people like you helps us to continue providing outstanding products and services. Call us for locksmith tools in Miami, FL.