Understanding Wedging For Opening A Car Door
- 07 Feb, 2020
Are you new to the locksmith business and are looking into the many ways to unlock? Have you ever heard of wedging? Here at Locksmith Keyless, we have all the information you need to become a pro. We also have all the tools you need! Take advantage of our car unlock kit, which includes a car door opener. Located in the heart of Miami, we have just what you are looking for.
What Is A Wedge?
Air Wedges are used between a car door and the door frame. This wedge allows the user to create a space between the door and frame so a probe can be used to unlock the door via the interior unlock button or lever. The tool is also commonly used as a spacer when installing interior doors.
But how do you use it? To break-in, simply insert the wedge into the top part of the driver's side door until it makes a small opening. Then stick the long metal rod into that opening and use it to push the unlock button on the car. This works much better with electronic locks but can be done with manual locks as well.
The most common form of wedging uses a wedge-shaped object that is pushed, with varying degrees of force, down into the door between the glass and the weather stripping to open the gap.
There are many different types of wedges out there, and just as many opinions on how to use them. There are basically three different types of wedges: hard plastic wedges, soft plastic (rubber) wedges, and wooden wedges. The best preference is for the wooden wedges because they will deform if they hit something in the door, such as a window track or fasteners. A wooden wedge will also break or crack easier than most windows, and if anything is going to break, you would prefer that it be the wedge rather than the window glass.
Check Out Our Car Unlock Kit!
Check out these products:
- Wedge Pack (WP)
- The Wedge Pack offers a variety of wedges for many uses. These wedges offer an in the door wedge for almost any situation. Never get caught without the proper wedge.
- Variety of wedges
- Most popular wedge pack
- Durable and long-lasting
- Mini Air Wedge (MAW)
- The Mini Air Wedge is the latest innovation in Air Wedges. Its small size allows it to fit anywhere, even places larger Air Wedges can't. The Air Jack from Access Tools is the industry best. The bladder is made out of ballistic nylon, not rubber, which is important because rubber stretches, but the nylon won’t. To further aid insertion, there is a built-in stiffener that prevents the wedge from bending when you insert it.
- Mini air wedge fits where others can't
- Made of ballistic nylon
- Won't damage the vehicle
- Perfect for any size vehicle
- Inflates easily and quickly
- Extremely durable
- Slides easily over weather stripping
Call Us For A Car Door Opener
We are here to help you understand exactly how security door locks work. Locksmith Keyless has a simple mission: we help locksmith businesses stay competitive! We have most of the products that the "big guys" have, and we offer every single one of them at an everyday low price. There are no complex discount structures to understand. Every customer pays the same, low price for an item, whether you want to buy one or one thousand! Like you, we believe that the key to success is always to put our customers first. We stand 100% behind every product we sell! Your feedback is appreciated. We want to make sure you are taken care of. We are always trying to improve, and speaking with people like you helps us to continue providing outstanding products and services. Call us for a car unlock kit and car door opener.