AccuReader Honda / Acura Ignition Roll Pin Removal Kit / IRPRK
Due to the increasing frequency of these ignitions failing this kit was put together to allow the locksmith to remove the ignition roll pin on most Honda and Acura models without drilling or any damage. This AccuReader kit is unique in that it grabs the outside of the roll pin compressing its diameter allowing the roll pin to easily be removed and reused after the ignition repair has been completed.
Honda/Acura Ignition Roll-Pin Removal Kit Detailed Instructions:
- You can identify vehicle as having a Type 1 or Type 2 ignition housing using the below application chart.
- If Type 2, use the included pointed center punch to back out the ignition headless bolts if necessary.
- Using the supplied awl/ice pick, insert the tip into the end of the roll pin and gently move it side to side in all directions. Use ice pick to center the roll pin within the hole.
- Using 2 of the 3 color-coded thumb screws, attach the fixture to the front of the ignition housing. Use spacing washers if necessary.
- Insert the Black Tee thumb screw into the 1/4-20 tapped hole and snug it up against the ignition cylinder.
- Insert a short tube into the brass thumb screw and LIGHTLY snug in place using the set screw. Insert the long tube through the outer tube so that the flared tip is on the threaded end of the screw.
- Insert the brass thumb screw assembly into the threaded hole seating the flared tip over the top of the roll pin. Verify the flared end is seated over the roll pin by trying to move the tip side to side.
- Thread the brass thumb screw 1-2 full rotations, then lightly tap the back end of the tube inwards to ensure it's fully seated over the roll pin.
- Continue turning the brass thumb screw assembly until it comes to a definite stop. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
- Tighten the set screw ONE FULL ROTATION ONLY.
- Loosen the Black 1/4-20 Tee thumb screw.
- Unthread the brass thumb screw assembly with roll pin now attached.
- If Type 1, be sure to use the ice pick to lift the steering lock tail piece during cylinder removal.
Honda/Acura Ignition Roll-Pin Removal Kit Tips:
- After using the ice pick and before installing the fixture, lightly tap on the cylinder itself (not the cylinder housing) with a hammer in the direction of the roll pin to ensure the roll pin is out as far as possible.
- Since the roll pin is tapered on the ends, you can use the ice pick placed in the center of the roll pin and tap LIGHTLY to slightly flare out the roll pin to allow for greater "bite". Be sure to follow tip #1 afterwards to "push" the roll pin out as far as possible.
Honda/Acura Ignition Roll-Pin Removal Kit Application Guide:
|CR-V & CR-Z||2002-2014||1|
- (1) Type 1 Fixture
- (1) Type 2 Fixture
- (1) 5/16 collar with set screw
- (1) 5/16 Brass Thumb Screw
- (1) Ice Pick
- (1) Center Punch
- (1) Hex Wrench
- (1) 1/4-20 Thumb Screw
- (1) Red Cap Screw
- (1) Tan Cap Screw
- (1) Black Cap Screw
- (4) Spacing Washers
- (10) Clamp Tube Sets
Honda/Acura Ignition Roll Pin Removal Kit (IRPRK) Demo
AccuReader is a super delicate tool and can be easily damaged from misuse, locksmith with little knowledge or a wrongful or too much pressure applied can break the tool.
- NO Support offered.
- NO Warranty after 30 days.
- NO refund or replacement of the tool.
- In the first 30 days a discount credit will be issued after receiving the damaged product. This credit can be used to purchase another AccuReader in our store .
All orders are shipped between 24 hours or less Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00pm. Orders placed after 2 p.m. EST will be shipped next business day.
We may use the following carriers; FedEx, USPS and UPS. Our orders ship via FedEx within 48 continental U.S. states, Canada , Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. FedEx does not service P.O. Box or APO/FPO addresses .
We start processing the shipment of orders after we processed the payment.
We reserve the right to hold off shipping any orders that look fraudulent until we have a confirmation from a bank issuing a card
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items delivered in accordance with our shipping and delivery practices listed above. We are willing to work with a carrier to resolve any issues regarding your delivery.
Once a package has been shipped out per your order specifications, it is literally out of our hands and becomes the responsibility of the shipping carrier selected. We can't stop, delay or expedite any shipments once they have been shipped.
Only shipping services which have the transit time in the title (Next Day, Overnight, 2-Day, etc.) are guaranteed transit times. All other transit times (Ground, Priority, etc.) are estimates and are not guaranteed by the carrier or by LOCKSMITH KEYLESS. Shipping delays due to weather are not refundable as per the shipping carriers. Saturday delivery is not a guaranteed service. If Saturday delivery is selected and the shipment does not arrive on Saturday no shipping charges can be refunded.
Puerto Rico, Alaska & Hawaii
Orders to Puerto Rico, Alaska & Hawaii will not qualify for free shipping if they have ANY Hardware products on them and/or Key Machines. Only Automotive products are eligible for Free Shipping.
All orders placed after hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be shipped on Monday or the next business day in case of a holiday.
Friday - Overnight orders placed on Friday must be done before 2PM Eastern. Friday Overnight deliveries will arrive Monday unless a special Saturday delivery Overnight option is checked.
Saturday and Sunday - Orders will be shipped on Monday or the next business day in case of a holiday.
For international shipping, please note that you may be responsible for paying any possible customs and import duties at the time of delivery, however you should only worry about those fees if you order several hundred dollars worth of goods shipped outside the US. We are unable to determine these fees during the checkout process. You can contact your local Customs office for details.
If you are not satisfied for any reason, products may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full credit or exchange. Certain restrictions apply.